Los Angeles County Abortion Safe Haven Grant Program
The goal of the grant program is to support innovative approaches and community and patient-centered collaborations to safeguard and expand patient access to abortion and information about services available and provide linkages to care.
Grant funding supports one or more of the following focus areas:
- Training: Provide training to abortion providers, other health care workers, and service providers in other sectors
- Education: Conduct community-based education activities that provide medically accurate education and training tools that counter misinformation
- Clinical care: Advance and improve access through expanded clinical services
- Practical support: Coordinate care and provide patient support services to make access a reality including transportation, lodging, childcare, etc.
- Infrastructure: Build secure infrastructure to ensure the safety of patients, staff and volunteers
- Other: Engage in activities that increase and improve access to abortion care including providing legal support and educating decision makers
- 1.22.24 RFP released – Access the Online Application (Download a PDF of the application)
- 2.02.24 OPTIONAL Applicant Webinar – Watch the recording on YouTube
- 2.12.24 FAQ Released – Download a PDF of "Frequently Asked Questions"
- 3.18.24 Funding decisions announced
- 4.01.24 Project start date
Questions can be directed to: CAReproHealthEquity@essentialaccess.org.