Teen Sexual Health Rights + Mandated Child Abuse Reporting Laws in California
This on-demand webinar provides a review of California minor consent and confidentiality laws and how to balance the laws with teen friendly services and best practices. It provides practical techniques on how to implement patient-centered confidential services for teens that honor mandated reporting of abuse laws. Strategies for addressing parent concerns and providing inclusive sexual health counseling designed to meet the needs of ALL teens, regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation and sexual practices are also discussed.
- Medical Assistants
- Health Educators + Counselors
- Clinical Administrators
- Community Health + Outreach Workers
- All Title X delegate agency staff (required to take annually)
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Describe California laws around mandatory reporting, confidentiality and minor consent that impact reproductive health care for adolescents.
- Identify teen friendly sexual health counseling strategies.
- Utilize techniques to be inclusive of LGBTQ youth while taking a sexual history.
- Identify how to address parent concerns related to adolescent reproductive health care services.
The course fee includes CEU processing (CPH = 1.0; CHES = 1.0; Nursing = 1.2).
Certified in Public Health (CPH):
This event was sponsored by Essential Access Health, an approved provider of CPH Recertification Credits by the National Board of Public Health Examiners for 1.0 credits.
Health Educators (CHES®):
Essential Access Health, provider #98021, is designated as a provider of Category 1 continuing education contact hours in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. Health educators attending this program may report up to 1.0 contact hours.
Provider approved by California Board of Registered Nursing. Provider #CEP 12241, for 1.2 contact hours.