IUD Training 1: Fundamental Skills (Los Angeles, Feb 2019)
This FREE fundamental skills intra-uterine device (IUD) clinical practicum is for clinicians in Los Angeles County. Participants will learn the proper techniques for placing and removing IUDs on desktop pelvic models with nationally recognized family planning experts and experienced preceptors. They will also review basic IUD information and how to provide patient-centered, unbiased counseling.
What will you learn?
At the end of this training participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate the correct technique with each step for placement of the copper IUD and the levonorgestrel IUDs
- Discuss the rationale for use of a tenaculum
- Demonstrate correct use of uterine sound
- List the 4 general contraindications to use of intrauterine contraception
- Provide effective, patient-centered contraceptive counseling
Who should attend?
This training is limited to the following clinicians who live or work in Los Angeles County:
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- Certified Nurse Midwives
- Clinical training program students (NP, CNM, PA)
- Medical students
- MD and DO Residents
FREE training includes breakfast, all course materials, and CE credit processing.
Provider approved by California Board of Registered Nursing. Provider #CEP 12241, for 4.8 contact hours.
Essential Access Health is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Essential Access Health designates this Live activity for a maximum of 4.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This credit may also be applied to the CMA Certification in Continuing Medical Education.
The California Endowment - LA
1000 Alameda Street
Los Angeles, CA 90012