Introduction to Sexual and Reproductive Health Training - Spanish + English
Sexual and reproductive health is a broad topic and it’s essential that health professionals have the information they need to answer basic questions. This virtual Introduction to Sexual and Reproductive Health Training in Spanish is a comprehensive course designed for health providers and educators. Participants will explore their own values and learn how to answer sexual and reproductive health questions in simple terms that patients and students can understand. Participants will learn about human sexuality and learn how to answer questions about human reproductive anatomy, menstrual cycles, birth control and STDs.
- Nurses, RNs, LVNs
- Medical Assistants
- Health Educators + Health Education Specialists
- Sexuality or Peer Educators
- HIV/AIDS or STD Prevention or Testing Staff
- Family Planning Outreach Workers or Counselors
- Promotoras / promotores / promotorxs
After completing this curriculum, you will be able to:
- Describe the human reproductive systems
- Explain the menstrual cycle and when a pregnancy can/cannot occur
- List available birth control methods and explain how they work to prevent pregnancy
- Describe basic STD prevention, screening and treatment
- Review laws and policies that relate to access + confidentiality of reproductive health care
- Answer basic questions about sexual and reproductive health
The course fee includes CEU processing (CPH = 3.0; CHES = 3.0; Nursing = 3.6).
Certified in Public Health (CPH):
This event was sponsored by Essential Access Health, an approved provider of CPH Recertification Credits by the National Board of Public Health Examiners for 3.0 credits.
Health Educators (CHES®):
Essential Access Health, provider #98021, is designated as a provider of Category 1 continuing education contact hours in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. Health educators attending this program may report up to 3.0 contact hours.
Provider approved by California Board of Registered Nursing. Provider #CEP 12241, for 3.6 contact hours.