Intimate Partner Violence: Using CUES in Health Care Settings
This course was developed to enhance the capacity of providers and members of health teams to address and identify intimate partner violence (IPV), reproductive coercion and human trafficking. The first module reviews trauma-informed approaches that address both the needs of providers and the patients they serve. It includes examples of practical applications, stock phrases, and questions that providers can use in patient interactions about IPV.
Part two, takes a deeper dive into how to use the CUES Intervention. It also highlights the impact of using CUES and other healing-centered approaches with patients.
- Medical Assistants
- Health Educators + Counselors
- Medical Directors
- Health Care/Clinic Administrators
- Community Health + Outreach Workers
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Use the CUES intervention to address intimate partner violence including, reproductive coercion, adolescent relationship abuse and human trafficking.
- Create next steps in preparing your programs to address relationship violence and abuse
- Identify the limits of disclosure driven practice
- Identify strategies for moving from providing trauma-informed care toward providing more healing-centered care
The course fee includes CEU processing (CPH = 1.0; CHES = 1.0; Nursing = 1.2; CME = 1.0).
Certified in Public Health (CPH):
This event was sponsored by Essential Access Health, an approved provider of CPH Recertification Credits by the National Board of Public Health Examiners for 1.0 credits.
Health Educators (CHES®):
Essential Access Health, provider #98021, is designated as a provider of Category 1 continuing education contact hours in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. Health educators attending this program may report up to 1.0 contact hours.
Provider approved by California Board of Registered Nursing. Provider #CEP 12241, for 1.2 contact hours.
Essential Access Health is accredited by the California Medical Association (CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Essential Access Health designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.