Fertility Awareness Based Awareness Methods (FABMs) / Natural Family Planning
Approaches to fertility awareness-based methods (FABMs) have evolved over the decades, from the calendar rhythm method to sophisticated apps that factor-in multiple fertility signals. While patient education on the use of these methods usually is performed by counseling staff, clinicians must be aware of their scientific basis, differences among the various methods, and their efficacy rates.
- Nurse Practitioners, Certified Nurse Midwives and Physician Assistants
- Medical Directors
- Health Educators + Counselors
- Medical Assistants
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the different types of fertility awareness-based methods currently available.
- Discuss fertility awareness-based methods with patients, including traditional methods and newer app-based methods.
- Counsel post-partum patients regarding the use of lactational amenorrhea as a contraceptive method.
The course fee includes CEU processing (CPH = 1.0; CHES = 1.0; Nursing = 1.2; CME = 1.0).
Certified in Public Health (CPH):
This event was sponsored by Essential Access Health, an approved provider of CPH Recertification Credits by the National Board of Public Health Examiners for 4.0 credits.
Health Educators (CHES®):
Essential Access Health, provider #98021, is designated as a provider of Category 1 continuing education contact hours in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. Health educators attending this program may report up to 4.0 contact hours.
Provider approved by California Board of Registered Nursing. Provider #CEP 12241, for 4.8 contact hours.
Essential Access Health is accredited by the California Medical Association (CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Essential Access Health designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 4.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.