Family Planning Health Worker Certification Training (Vista, August 2019)
The two day intensive Family Planning Health Worker (FPHW) Certification Training is Essential Access Health's nationally recognized comprehensive contraceptive counseling and education training course for health providers and educators. Participants will learn how to integrate STD/HIV prevention messaging and sexual health promotion into their birth control education sessions. They will also learn the latest motivational interviewing strategies proven to increase user birth control method satisfaction and continuation rates.
Our FPHW training covers the CDC and OPA QFP Recommendations for providing Quality Family Planning services. All training participants receive the "Fundamentals of Family Planning" manual plus an individual assessment of their ability to provide high quality, patient-centered contraceptive options counseling with STD prevention messaging.
Course Dates and Times:
Day 1: Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM (PST)
Day 2: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM (PST)
Certification Process: Online final exam and uploaded video presentation completed by September 4, 2019 (details provided and reviewed during course).
If you are an Essential Access Health Title X Delegate Agency Member, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 213.386.5614, x4580 to obtain the discount code for the discounted registration fee of $300.
What will you learn?
This course has been designed to help staff in all health care settings develop the skills needed to:
- Provide effective patient or client-centered contraceptive counseling
- Obtain informed consent from patients when they select a birth control method
- Learn best practices for providing confidential health care services while complying with patient privacy and mandatory reporting laws
- Provide patients with the most up-to-date information on available contraceptive methods, including evidence-based effectiveness rates
- Use effective communication and counseling techniques to provide patient-centered sexual health education to diverse patient populations
Who should attend?
- Nurses, LVNs, RNs
- Medical Assistants
- Health Educators and Health Education Specialists
- Sexuality or Peer Educators
- Public Service Employees
- Community Health or Outreach Workers
- HIV/AIDS or STD Prevention or Testing Staff
- Family Planning Outreach Workers or Counselors
- Primary Care or Family Practice Health Centers who need top-notch contraception counselors/educators on staff
Family Planning Health Worker Certification is received upon passage of an online final exam and uploaded contraceptive counseling session video and is valid for three years.
Training fee includes all course materials, updated "Fundamentals of Family Planning" manual and a light breakfast (lunch on your own), CEUs, certification processing.
Provider approved by California Board of Registered Nursing. Provider #CEP 12241, for 16.1 contact hours.
Health Educators (CHES®):
Essential Access Health, provider #98021, is designated as a provider of Category 1 continuing education contact hours in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. Health educators attending this program may report up to 11 contact hours.
Certified in Public Health (CPH):
This event was sponsored by Essential Access Health, an approved provider of CPH Recertification Credits by the National Board of Public Health Examiners for 14 credits.
Vista Community Clinic
1000 Vale Terrace Dr
Vista, CA 92084