Family Planning Health Worker Certification - Oct 2022
This virtual Family Planning Health Worker (FPHW) Certification Training is Essential Access Health's nationally recognized comprehensive contraceptive counseling course for health providers and educators. Participants will learn how to counsel patients on all contraceptive methods to assist them in achieving their family planning goals, get true informed consent and integrate STI/HIV prevention messaging. They will also learn how to comply with privacy and mandatory reporting laws while providing confidential sexual and reproductive health services.
Our FPHW training covers the 2014 CDC and OPA QFP Recommendations for providing Quality Family Planning services. All training recipients have access to the new online flipbook version of our manual, "The Fundamentals of Family Planning: A Manual for Providing Comprehensive Patient-Centered Contraceptive Counseling."
Online modules = 4.5 hours
Instructor-led Zoom sessions = 7.5 hours:
- Zoom #1: Thursday, October 6th, 2:00 - 3:30 PM PT
- Zoom #2: Thursday, October 13th, 2:00 - 4:00 PM PT
- Zoom #3: Thursday, October 20th, 2:00 - 4:00 PM PT
- Zoom #4: Thursday, October 27th, 2:00 - 4:00 PM PT
- Nurses, RNs, LVNs
- Medical Assistants
- Health Educators + Health Education Specialists
- Sexuality or Peer Educators
- HIV/AIDS or STI Prevention or Testing Staff
- Family Planning Outreach Workers or Counselors
- Identity the steps for obtaining informed consent for contraception
- Demonstrate three teaching methods to help patients understand and retain information
- Identify federal + state laws related to patients' rights when receiving sexual and reproductive health care
- Efficiently integrate STI prevention messaging into a birth control method counseling session
- Demonstrate the use of best practice techniques when providing a mock contraceptive counseling session (in-person or telehealth visit)
The course fee includes CEU processing (CPH = 14.0; CHES = 13.0; Nursing = 16.1).
Certified in Public Health (CPH):
This event was sponsored by Essential Access Health, an approved provider of CPH Recertification Credits by the National Board of Public Health Examiners for 14.0 credits.
Health Educators (CHES®):
Essential Access Health, provider #98021, is designated as a provider of Category 1 continuing education contact hours in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. Health educators attending this program may report up to 13.0 contact hours.
Provider approved by California Board of Registered Nursing. Provider #CEP 12241, for 16.1 contact hours.