Challenging Case Studies in the Implementation of the ASCCP Risk Based Management Guidelines
Event Price: Free / $20 for CEUs
Date: December 11, 2020
Time: 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM (PST)
- Patty Cason, MSN, FNP-BC, President, Envision SRH
- Michael Policar, MD, MPH, Professor Emeritus, University of California, San Francisco
- Ritu Nayar, MD Professor of Pathology and Medical Education, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine; Director of Cytopathology Division Northwestern Memorial Hospital
In this final session of the “Cervical Cancer Screening + Prevention in 2020” training series, instructors will discuss management of cases that are not fully addressed in the guidelines or that that are particularly challenging for providers. Case studies will include pregnant patients and patients who are under 25 or oer 65; people who have a compromised immune system or were exposed to DES in-utero; and those with new sexual partners. New tools in the pathology lab, such as HPV genotyping, and p16/ki-67 dual-stained cytology will also be discussed, along with tips for effective communication between the provider and the pathologist. Participants will apply the new guidelines to patient care, using more complex case studies and real-time experience with the use of the 2019 ASCCP Management Guidelines APP.
Who should attend?
- Health Educators
- Medical Assistants
- Clinic + Health Center Managers
As a result of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- List management options for patients with HSIL and positive HPV, negative 16
- Describe the rationale for the change in recommendations about follow-up for people with a history of high-grade disease who are over age 65
- Discuss screening and management guidelines for patients with a compromised immune system
The course will offer the following continuing education credits:
Certified in Public Health (CPH):
This course is sponsored by Essential Access Health, an approved provider of CPH Recertification Credits by the National Board of Public Health Examiners for 2.0 credits per webinar.
Health Educators (CHES®):
Essential Access Health, provider #98021, is designated as a provider of Category 1 continuing education contact hours in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. Health educators attending this program may report up to 1.5 contact hours per webinar.
Provider approved by California Board of Registered Nursing. Provider #CEP 12241, for 1.8 contact hours per webinar.
Essential Access Health is accredited by the California Medical Association (CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Essential Access Health designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 1.5 per webinar AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.