Training + Design Specialist
The Training + Design Specialist will be responsible for developing and delivering sexual and reproductive health training (both in-person and virtual) and technical assistance to health care professionals and other key stakeholders across the country; organizing and facilitating webinars on sexual and reproductive health and justice topics; designing workshops; developing new curriculum, training tools, and e-learning content; and other special projects as assigned.
The Training + Design Specialist will be a member of the Learning Exchange, the capacity building division of the organization.
This position can be based in either the organization's Los Angeles or Berkeley office with a hybrid remote/in-office work schedule. Salary range for this position is 80k-85k.
- Design, develop and deliver in-person and virtual trainings and workshops in the field of sexual and reproductive health (SRH) in both English and Spanish (preferred) for diverse internal and external audiences.
- Provide support for implementation of capacity building efforts (training, webinars, technical assistance etc.) through developing agendas, coordinating with partners, scheduling trainings, managing registrations, maintaining training records etc.
- Contribute to the design and production of training materials in English and Spanish (preferred) including participant manuals, visual aids, job aids, tool kits, videos and e-learning modules, etc.
- Assist in the development, planning and launch and marketing of new Spanish-language trainings, webinars, and resources. Bilingual candidates to assist in the translation and facilitation of Spanish-language trainings and resources.
- Support division-wide efforts in data collection, evaluation and project planning including review of course evaluation feedback and by implementing quality assurance reviews.
- Support our annual Sexual Health Update Conference planning team with development of agenda and negotiations with speakers; write bios and workshop descriptions; coordinate and collect presenter materials, handouts and presentation; moderate conference sessions and panels.
- Monitor project and contract scopes of work, timelines and budgets as assigned.
- Collaborate with internal teams in the Programs + Strategic Initiatives Department to assist in the development of course content as well as training staff around best practices in public speaking and training facilitation skills.
- Knowledgeable in the tenants of health literacy in order to convert complex medical information into accessible and understandable content for diverse audiences.
- Responsible for staying up-to-date on evidence-based best practices in the field of SRH through conference and webinar attendance and regular review of journal articles and new and emerging data.
- Evaluate, amend and revise division-wide materials with relevant clinical updates, evidence-based approaches and new best practices as needed and on an ongoing basis.
- Assist with assessment of learner feedback and implementation of improvement plans to address learner needs.
- Complete assigned reports as required. Support marketing of programs and other LE-related services.
- Coordinate continuing education reporting for Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) in conjunction with our agency Continuing Education Committee.
- Additional duties, as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job.
- Fluent in English and Spanish (preferred).
- Degree (Bachelor’s or Masters) in public health, health education, nursing, or related field; or equivalent years of experience.
- 2-3 years’ experience in the field of sexual and reproductive health or related field.
- 2-3 years’ experience developing course materials and delivering training for adult learners.
- Proficient with Zoom platform (meetings, webinars, recordings, team chat, whiteboard, etc.)
- Experience with course authoring tools (e.g., Camtasia, Storyline, Captivate) and learning management systems for developing and hosting interactive e-learning modules.
- Proficiency with Microsoft (Excel, Word, Power Point) and Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat) computer software.
- Experience developing, implementing and evaluating training programs for adults.
- Demonstrate independent decision making per scope of work.
- Work with culturally and linguistically diverse groups.
- Management of meeting logistics.
- Ability to create positive working relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a team setting.
- Excellent organizational skills and adept at working on multiple projects.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
A current California Driver’s License, current registration and current automobile insurance coverage is required if you drive on company business. Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) certified applicant preferred.
Essential Access Health’s mission is to champion and promote quality sexual + reproductive health care for all. All employees must be supportive of Essential Access Health mission and goals and be able to handle mature subject material about sexual and reproductive health in a confident and professional manner.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Essential Access Health is committed to fostering a work environment and organizational culture where all staff members feel welcomed, safe, respected, and valued. We strive to create a workplace that is free from discrimination and advances equity and inclusion. We commit to a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Essential Access offers a competitive salary + benefits. Essential Access is an M/F, Disabled, and Vet EEO/AA Employer.
Job and internship postings are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.