Research Administration Intern
The Research Division of Essential Access Health offers reproductive health internships in research administration designed for people seeking a career in clinical trial management, data management, regulation and/or monitoring of clinical trials, or human subjects oversight. We specialize in FDA regulated clinical trials of contraceptive products such as IUDs, hormonal rings, pills, and patches, and male and female condoms. Our sponsors include the National Institutes of Health, nonprofit organizations such as PATH and the Gates Foundation, and major pharmaceutical companies.
The Research Administration Intern will be exposed to many aspects of clinical research. Individual assignment will depend on intern’s interests, experience and education.
This is an unpaid internship that can be located in either our Los Angeles or Berkeley office.
- Research or medical experience
- College degree related to research and/or medicine
Learning Objectives for Internship includes some or all of the following:
- Grant preparation
- Protocol development
- Preparation of documents for IRB
- Preparation of records to meet FDA regulatory requirements
- Maintenance of study records and documents
- Recruitment and screening of study participants
- Reviewing study data submitted by participants for clarity and completeness
- Entering study data on Electronic Data Capture systems
- Use of electronic system to manage study follow-up
- Report preparation
- Familiarity with multiple study sponsors and clinical research organizations
How to Apply - please submit
- A completed Application Form (Get Adobe Acrobat Reader)
- A current resume
- A cover letter addressed to Open Door Coordinator, that includes why you are interested in pursuing an internship in sexual and reproductive health care.
To apply send all the above by e-mail to:
Mona Strehler (Open Door Coordinator)
Questions? Call 213.386.5614 x4415