Public Affairs Intern (Remote Work)
The Public Affairs division advances Essential Access Health’s public policy platform and develops public awareness campaigns to ensure access to quality, comprehensive sexual and reproductive health services and information for all. Our work is grounded in the belief that everyone has the right to access the health services and information they want, with dignity and respect. Essential Access advocates on the local, state and federal levels to protect, strengthen and expand policies and programs that safeguard the progress made in reducing unintended pregnancy rates and ensure that race is no longer a barrier to achieving optimal reproductive health outcomes. Our public awareness campaigns and projects promote information and services women, men and teens need to lead healthy, self-determined lives.
The Public Affairs internship is offered to undergraduates seeking to gain professional development and experience in the sexual + reproductive health and public health fields. Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Government + Community Affairs, the Public Affairs Intern will:
- Support advocacy efforts by drafting call-to-action emails to engage online supporters, and prepare materials for meetings with community partners, legislative staff and public officials
- Contribute content to public policy newsletter Course of Action and other Essential Access publications
- Conduct research and prepare materials on a variety of reproductive health, public health, health care, and health equity topics
- Aid in developing community awareness and social media campaigns by creating content and graphics for Essential Access’ social media platforms and websites.
- Support the maintenance and development of web content to ensure online platforms feature regularly updated information and reflect current priorities.
- Maintain + update contact lists, including newsletter and action alert email lists
- Update advocacy + community engagement tracker to monitor engagement goals
- Commitment to the mission and philosophy of Essential Access
- Excellent communication skills including research and writing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Familiarity with social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, etc.) preferred
- Ability to work independently or as a team member, manage multiple assignments and retain a positive outlook under pressure
- Must reside in or attend a university in California
Intern will receive daily supervision and advice from Supervisor. All work will be completed remotely.
How to Apply - please submit
- A completed Application Form (Get Adobe Acrobat Reader)
- A current resume
- A cover letter addressed to Open Door Coordinator, that includes why you are interested in pursuing an internship in sexual and reproductive health care.
To apply send all the above by e-mail to:
Questions? Call 213.386.5614 x4415