Public Affairs Intern
The Public Affairs division at Essential Access Health offers paid internships to undergraduate students seeking to gain professional development and experience in the sexual + reproductive health and public health fields.
Essential Access Health champions and promotes quality sexual and reproductive health care for all. Our work is grounded in the belief that everyone has the right to access the health services and information they want, with dignity and respect.
The Public Affairs division advocates on the local, state and federal levels to protect, strengthen and expand policies and programs that safeguard the progress made in reducing unintended pregnancy rates and ensure that race is no longer a barrier to achieving optimal reproductive health outcomes. Our public awareness campaigns and projects promote information and services people need to lead healthy, self-determined lives.
Under the supervision of the Director of Government + Community Affairs, the Public Affairs Intern will:
- Support advocacy efforts by drafting call-to-action emails to engage online supporters, and prepare materials for meetings with community partners, legislative staff and public officials
- Contribute content to public policy newsletter Course of Action and other Essential Access publications
- Conduct research and prepare materials on a variety of reproductive health, public health, health care, and health equity topics
- Aid in developing community awareness and social media campaigns by creating content and graphics for Essential Access’ social media platforms and websites.
- Support the maintenance and development of web content to ensure online platforms feature regularly updated information and reflect current priorities.
- Maintain + update contact lists, including newsletter and action alert email lists
- Update advocacy + community engagement tracker to monitor engagement goals
- Enrolled as an undergraduate student
- Must live in California
- Commitment to the mission and philosophy of Essential Access
- Excellent communication skills including research and writing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Ability to work independently or as a team member, manage multiple assignments and retain a positive outlook under pressure
- Familiarity with social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, etc.) preferred
The intern will work remotely but must be located in California.
Intern will receive daily supervision and advice from Supervisor.
How to Apply - please submit
- A completed Application Form (Get Adobe Acrobat Reader)
- A current resume
- A cover letter addressing why you are interested in pursuing an internship in sexual and reproductive health care.
To apply send all the above by e-mail to:
Questions? Call 213.386.5614 x4415