General Research Intern
The Research Division of Essential Access Health offers reproductive health internships in clinical research designed for people seeking exposure to many aspects of conducting clinical trials. Internships may be flexible to accommodate individual coursework schedule and/or hour requirements.
Learning may include: general regulatory requirements, study protocols and procedures, informed consent process, screening prospective study participants, data collection, data cleaning/analysis, and report preparation. We specialize in FDA regulated clinical trials of contraceptive products such as IUDs, hormonal rings, pills, and patches, and male and female condoms. Our sponsors include the National Institutes of Health, nonprofit organizations such as PATH and the Gates Foundation, and major pharmaceutical companies.
Individual assignment will depend on intern’s interests, experience and education. This is an unpaid internship that can be located in either our Los Angeles or Berkeley office
- Research or medical experience
- College degree related to research and/or medicine (achieved or in-progress)
Learning Objectives for Internship includes some or all of the following:
- Become familiar with all aspects of the conduct of clinical trials
- Gain experience in eligibility screening of prospective study participants
- Gain experience in the collection of study data
- Become familiar with the reporting of data obtained in a clinical trail
- Gain knowledge of Good Clinical Practice (GCPs) and regulations applicable to the conduct of clinical trials
- Gain knowledge in contraception and women’s health
How to Apply - please submit
- A completed Application Form (Get Adobe Acrobat Reader)
- A current resume
- A cover letter addressed to Open Door Coordinator, that includes why you are interested in pursuing an internship in sexual and reproductive health care.
To apply send all the above by e-mail to:
Mona Strehler (Open Door Coordinator)
Questions? Call 213.386.5614 x4415