Clinical Research Intern
The Research Division of Essential Access Health offers reproductive health internships in clinical research designed for students and college graduates looking forward to a career in medicine or health services. Internships may be flexible to accommodate individual coursework schedule and/or hour requirements.
We specialize in FDA regulated clinical trials of contraceptive products such as IUDs, hormonal rings, pills, and patches, and male and female condoms. Our sponsors include the National Institutes of Health, nonprofit organizations such as PATH and the Gates Foundation, and major pharmaceutical companies.
The Clinical Research Intern will be exposed to many aspects of clinical research. Individual assignment will depend on intern’s interests, experience and education. This is an unpaid internship that can be located in either our Los Angeles or Berkeley office.
Research or medical experience
College degree or coursework (at junior/senior level) related to research and/or medicine
Learning Objectives for Internship includes some or all of the following:
- Screening of study participants
- Informed consent process
- Instruction of study participants
- Taking vital signs and preparing lab specimens for shipment
- Data collection, including adverse events and concomitant medications
- Collaboration with OB-GYN co-investigators
- Use of electronic data capture systems (EDCs)
- Data cleaning/analysis and report preparation
- Familiarity with clinical trial development (protocol, data collection instruments, etc.)
- Familiarity with FDA regulations and IRB requirements
How to Apply - please submit
- A completed Application Form (Get Adobe Acrobat Reader)
- A current resume
- A cover letter addressed to Open Door Coordinator, that includes why you are interested in pursuing an internship in sexual and reproductive health care.
To apply send all the above by e-mail to:
Questions? Call 213.386.5614 x4415