Pregnancy Options Counseling Certification Training (Los Angeles, Dec 2018)
Join us for a two day intensive Pregnancy Options Counseling Certification Training. Learn how to provide client-centered counseling informed by medically accurate information about pregnancy, parenting, abortion and adoption. This interactive training encourages participants to explore personal feelings about all pregnancy options in order to offer unbiased support and assist clients in meeting their immediate reproductive goals. Learn how to create a quality referral network, make supportive referrals and enhance your counseling skills in a safe space with other health care providers, educators, counselors and advocates.
Course Dates and Times:
Day 1: Wednesday, December 19, 2018, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM (PST)
Day 2: Thursday, December 20, 2018, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM (PST)
Certification Process: Online final exam and uploaded video presentation completed by January 14, 2019 (details provided and reviewed during course).
If you are a Essential Access Health Title X Delegate Agency Member, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 213.386.5614, x4580 to obtain the discount code for the discounted registration fee.
What will you learn?
At the end of this training participants will be able to:
- Explain the role of the pregnancy counselor
- Explore personal opinions and beliefs concerning pregnancy options and decisions in order to provide unbiased support for each patient’s own viewpoint
- Describe to clients key elements of pre-natal care, adoption and abortion in a non-judgmental manner
- Create a quality pregnancy options referral list
- Identify federal and state guidelines and recommendations for conducting a pregnancy options counseling session
- Apply patient-centered counseling techniques when conducting an unbiased, nonjudgmental and non-coercive pregnancy options counseling session
Who should attend?
- Nurses, LVNs, RNs
- Medical Assistants
- Health Educators and Health Education Specialists
- Sexuality or Peer Educators
- Social Workers and Counselors
- Family Planning Outreach Workers or Counselors
- Primary Care or Community Health Centers who need top-notch pregnancy options counselors on staff
Pregnancy Options Counselor Certification is received upon passage of an online final exam and uploaded pregnancy options counseling session video and is valid for five years.
Training fee includes all course materials, CEUs, and certification processing.
Provider approved by California Board of Registered Nursing. Provider #CEP 12241, for 12 contact hours.
Health Educators (CHES®):
Essential Access Health, provider #98021, is designated as a provider of Category 1 continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. Health Educators attending this program may report up to 9.5 entry-level contact hours.
Essential Access Health is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Essential Access Health designates this Live activity for a maximum of 9.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This credit may also be applied to the CMA Certification in Continuing Medical Education.
Certified in Public Health (CPH):
This event was sponsored by Essential Access Health, an approved provider of CPH Recertification Credits by the National Board of Public Health Examiners for 12 credits.
3600 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90010