Youth Engagement + Outreach Coordinator (Berkeley or Los Angeles)
The Youth Engagement + Outreach Coordinator is a member of the STI prevention team and works to engage California teens to center youth voice in TeenSource+ programs. This position will work with young people to develop content, solicit feedback, and support outreach efforts.
The position will be temporarily 100% remote until Essential Access transitions back to the office in early 2022. After the transition, the position can be based in either our Berkeley or Los Angeles office.
- Coordinate efforts to engage California teens, foster youth leadership, and center youth voices and experiences in TeenSource content and programs
- Conduct outreach activities to ensure that TeenSource content and programs reflect and celebrate the diversity of California youth, and effectively increase awareness about sexual + reproductive health and provide linkages to teen-friendly care and information
- Support TeenSource+ goals and activities to educate, engage, and empower young people and envision the future of the sexual and reproductive health workforce
- Coordinate, train, and maintain the TeenSource Task Force and support the TeenSource Youth Advisory Board
- Recruit and coordinate youth program participants and interns
- Facilitate and maintain relationships with youth-serving partner organizations
- Collaborate with youth to develop teen-friendly outreach materials to increase awareness of and linkages to Title X services in their local communities
- In collaboration with the Adolescent Health Program Manager, coordinate the TeenSource Task force including recruiting and training members, maintaining records, and working with members to create content for TeenSource, and TeenSource Tips
- Conduct focus groups, surveys, and interviews to engage and empower youth in the development and evaluation of TeenSource content and programs
- Recruit, hire, train, and collaborate with TeenSource interns
- Provide support for the TeenSource Youth Advisory Board including recruiting members, participating in meetings and trainings, and interacting with Youth Advisory Board Members on Instagram
- Support our digital outreach and public health education efforts on TeenSource Instagram and other social media platforms including developing posts and supporting social media campaign strategies and implementation
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and partner organizations to support youth leadership development and provide youth with the tools needed to share their voice through developing content for TeenSource
- Support program data collection and evaluation efforts
- Additional duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and at least two years of experience working with youth in a community health promotion setting preferred
- Demonstrated experience working directly with adolescents including familiarity with adolescent reproductive and sexual health topics and youth development principles; experience coordinating youth peer educators or youth volunteers is a plus
- Interest in sexual + reproductive health education
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with digital technology platforms and online tools for content creation like Canva and Adobe Suite
- Experience creating social media and video content
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to travel up to 15% of time
- Ability to work independently and/or in a team setting with diverse groups
- Commitment to Essential Access Health’s mission of championing and promoting quality sexual + reproductive health care for all
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Essential Access offers a competitive salary + benefits. Essential Access is an M/F, Disabled, and Vet EEO/AA Employer.