Training + Strategic Initiatives Coordinator
Essential Access Health seeks an energetic Training + Strategic Initiatives Coordinator to provide administrative and project support to the Learning Exchange. The Training + Strategic Initiatives Coordinator partners with the Senior Director of Training + Strategic Initiatives to manage administrative information, assist with the preparation of documents, including contracts and grants, provide customer service, and facilitate internal and external communication. The coordinator contributes to the planning and coordination of training programs, including the annual conference, manages continuing education activities, and supports the financial operations for the Learning Exchange, including processing financial transactions.
Provides administrative and project support to the Learning Exchange:
- Manages administrative information, shared files, and documents for the department, including calendars, meeting agendas, planning materials, and standard organizational materials.
- Assists with the preparation of contracts and grants, such as training agreements, funding requests, and contracts for services, formatting and submitting documents as needed.
- Supports virtual and in-person training activities including scheduling, tracking enrollments in the learning management system (LMS), processing payments, providing reports of planned and completed trainings, and coordinating logistics for virtual and live events.
- Assists with the planning and coordination of the annual conference including communicating with speakers, sponsors, and conference participants, and obtaining and organizing agreements, payments, and other materials.
- Provides excellent customer service, including monitoring and responding to email and telephone calls quickly and effectively, and triaging requests internally as appropriate.
- Organizes services and supplies including office supplies, training materials, and subscriptions, as needed.
Assists with financial operations for the Learning Exchange:
- Oversees accounts receivable for Learning Exchange trainings including the preparation of internal and customer invoices, processing with the finance department, and provision of receipts to customers.
- Maintains a system for tracking invoices and following up on all outstanding division invoices.
- Processes Learning Exchange payments, including verifying expenses, obtaining approvals, ensuring appropriate use of cost-center codes, maintaining records, and tracking monthly statements.
- Facilitates preparation of timesheets, time studies, check requests, travel reimbursements.
Serves as the Administrative coordinator for all continuing education programs:
- Tracks and prepares all continuing education information for training activities, including certificates, evaluation summary reports, and class rosters from the LMS.
- Manages continuing education activities for CME, Nursing, CHES, and CPH, including the maintenance of administrative files, preparation of CME annual and CHES quarterly reports, and preparation for re-certification surveys and on-site reviews.
- Answers and originates customer service calls/emails to provide and obtain information about continuing education credits.
- Additional duties, as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job.
- Successful candidates must be mission-driven and passionate about protecting and expanding access to sexual and reproductive health care for all
- College degree preferred and/or minimum of three years’ experience working in an administrative capacity in a non-profit or business environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with individuals inside and outside the organization.
- High computer proficiency (PC or Mac) including Microsoft Office and other software products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Adobe) and collaborative, web-based tools (Dropbox, Google, Box).
- Experience using content management, website, and email marketing tools (e.g., Wordpress, Drupal) is preferred.
- Excellent planning and project management skills, including the ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team.
- Strong time-management skills and the ability to organize and complete multiple tasks with different time lines.
- Ability to be resourceful, multi-task and adjust well to shifts in priorities in a deadline driven environment.
- Strong editing and proofreading skills and attention to detail with numeracy.
- Strong knowledge of administrative/office systems, electronic file management, and basic equipment, and the ability to develop effective administrative procedures.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
A current California Driver’s License, current registration and current automobile insurance coverage is required if you drive on company business.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Access Health’s mission is to champion and promote quality sexual + reproductive health care for all. All employees must be supportive of Essential Access Health mission and goals and be able to handle mature subject material about sexual and reproductive health in a confident and professional manner.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Essential Access offers a competitive salary + benefits. Essential Access is an M/F, Disabled, and Vet EEO/AA Employer.