Trainer (Bilingual, Full-time)
Essential Access Health (Essential Access) is seeking a bilingual English/Spanish Trainer to deliver existing and newly developed training programs and workshops, as a member of Essential Access Health’s Learning Exchange (LE) team. This position is located in Los Angeles.
Essential Access is a statewide organization that champions and promotes quality sexual and reproductive health care for all. Essential Access achieves their mission through an umbrella of programs and services including advanced clinical research, provider training, clinic support initiatives, advocacy, and consumer awareness. Incorporated in 1968, Essential Access has offices in Northern and Southern California with 60 employees and an organizational budget of $25 million.
Essential Access Health's Learning Exchange is a nationally recognized resource for best practices in the delivery of quality family planning and sexual and reproductive health care. The Learning Exchange team of experienced trainers and subject matter experts collaborate with partners across the country to provide a wide range of learning opportunities in multiple formats to enhance the capacity of the health care workforce in diverse health settings.
- Deliver existing and newly developed trainings and workshops in the field of sexual and reproductive health in both Spanish and English.
- Lead the launch of Family Planning Health Worker (FPHW) training in Spanish. Serve as the lead for the translation, development, and facilitation of FPHW training in Spanish.
- Assist in developing, implementing and delivering a range of workshops and presentations on best practices in sexual and reproductive health.
- Develop agenda, coordinate schedule, and act as a facilitator for LE trainings.
- Support staff efforts in program data collection, evaluation and planning.
- Support conference planning team with development of agenda and negotiations with speakers, write bios and workshop descriptions, support, coordinate and collect presenter PowerPoint slides, handouts and other materials, and logistics.
- Develop and monitor project scopes of work, timelines and budgets as assigned.
- Research a variety of information (courses, materials, training consultants, etc.) to develop new LE trainings.
- Develop health education trainings for different learning modalities, including activity-based and web-based trainings and workshops in the field of sexual and reproductive health, and other content areas as assigned.
- Evaluate, amend and revise training materials as necessary.
- Participate in conferences, workshops and meeting planning, including developing agenda and coordinating speakers as assigned.
- Support implementation of customer learning needs assessment for Learning Exchange.
- Complete assigned reports as required.
- Develop, update, and maintain LE calendar.
- Support marketing of programs and other LE-related services.
- Participate in project/program development, including assisting in grant writing efforts.
- Additional duties, as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Master’s Degree in public health, health education, nursing, or equivalent years of experience.
- Experience developing, implementing and evaluating training programs for adults.
- Experience developing curricula and course materials.
- Demonstrate independent decision making per scope of work.
- Demonstrate ability to receive input from and work with groups with different agendas.
- Work with culturally and linguistically diverse groups.
- Management of meeting logistics.
- Able to travel up to 30% of time and stay overnight throughout the state/country.
- Ability to create positive working relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a team setting.
- Excellent organizational skills and adept at working on multiple projects.
- Proficiency with Microsoft computer software (Excel, Word, Power Point).
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Essential Access offers a competitive salary + benefits. Essential Access is an M/F, Disabled, and Vet EEO/AA Employer.