Sexual + Reproductive Health Program Associate
Essential Access Health (Essential Access) is seeking a Sexual + Reproductive Health Program Associate to serve as a liaison to health care providers enrolled in Essential Access Health’s Patient-Delivered Partner Therapy (PDPT) Distribution Program. Coordinates, monitors, and tracks statewide PDPT orders and assist with monitoring the online platform. The Sexual + Reproductive Health Program Associate will conduct outreach and promotion to expand the PDPT Distribution Program and work closely with the Sexual + Reproductive Health Program Manager in providing technical assistance to healthcare providers on PDPT implementation.
The position is based in Essential Access Health’s Berkeley office, and is Full Time.
Essential Access is a statewide organization that champions and promotes quality sexual and reproductive health care for all. Essential Access achieves their mission through an umbrella of programs and services including advanced clinical research, provider training, clinic support initiatives, advocacy and consumer awareness. Incorporated in 1968, Essential Access has offices in Northern and Southern California with 60 employees and an organizational budget of $25 million.
Essential Access funds family planning and reproductive health services for low-income and uninsured clients through nearly 60 health care organizations collectively, operating more than 351 health centers serving more than one million women, men and teens annually in 37 of California’s 58 counties. As the sole administrator of California’s leading Title X (ten) federal family planning program, the nation’s largest Title X system, Essential Access’ provider network includes a broad spectrum of service organizations, including federally qualified health centers (FQHCs), city and county health departments, stand-alone family planning health centers, school-based clinics and community health centers.
- With oversight from the Sexual + Reproductive Health Program Manager, assist in the implementation of the PDPT program throughout California
- Engage and recruit diverse health care providers to participate in the PDPT program
- Support with program implementation, analysis and evaluation
- Support Sexual + Reproductive Health Program Manager with providing technical assistance on issues related to PDPT implementation and STD prevention.
- Support key partnerships to expand and develop sexual + reproductive health programs and opportunities for further organizational collaboration
- Provide administrative support to Sexual + Reproductive Health programs with ordering of supplies, tracking of materials, and programmatic support
- Additional duties, as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job.
- BA/BS required. Master’s Degree or enrollment in a Master’s Degree program (MPH/MPA or similar field) preferred
- Experience conducting project administration/program coordination in a community health and/or clinical setting
- Knowledge of epidemiology, community health promotion, clinic systems and working with clinicians in a clinical setting
- Knowledge of sexual and reproductive health care
- Able to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and within close timelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with digital technology platforms and online tools
- Strong interpersonal and customer services skills
- Competence in Microsoft Word for Windows, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a team setting with diverse groups
- Commitment to Essential Access Health’s mission of championing and promoting quality sexual + reproductive health care for all
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Essential Access offers a competitive salary + benefits. Essential Access is an M/F, Disabled, and Vet EEO/AA Employer.