Senior Director of Training
Essential Access Health (Essential Access) is seeking a savvy, forward thinker who can oversee its nationally recognized training center, the Learning Exchange. The Senior Director of Training is directly responsible for the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation, as well as ensuring that the Learning Exchange continues to be a leading resource for best practices in the delivery of quality family planning and sexual and reproductive health care.
The ideal candidate will lead strategic program development, actively identify and establish new partnerships, and manage the day-to-day work of Learning Exchange staff and consultants. The Senior Director of Training will help drive the nationwide growth and awareness of Essential Access Health’s Learning Exchange through marketing, media, and partner engagement. Additionally, this position focuses on developing new training initiatives and goals, establishing new funding resources, and promoting a strong link to the health care professionals in diverse health care settings.
This position is located in Los Angeles.
Essential Access champions and promotes quality sexual and reproductive health care for all. Essential Access achieves its mission through an umbrella of programs and services including clinic support initiatives, advanced clinical research, and provider training. Incorporated in 1968, Essential Access has offices in Northern and Southern California with 60 employees and an organizational budget of $30 million.
Essential Access Health’s Learning Exchange – the training arm of the organization – is a nationally recognized provider of high-quality, evidence-based training and technical assistance. Leveraging experienced trainers, subject matter experts, and collaborative partnerships, we are at the forefront of efforts to ensure that health care providers have the key information and skills they need to counsel clients and provide high-quality contraceptive care. In 2018, over 6,300 professionals from across the country participated in Learning Exchange trainings.
- Direct the business, strategic, and marketing plans for the successful operation of Essential Access Health’s Learning Exchange in its role as a nationally recognized provider of high-quality, evidence-based training and technical assistance.
- Develop and direct the implementation of goals, objectives, procedures, and work standards for the Learning Exchange.
- Identify, develop and implement new entrepreneurial opportunities for the Learning Exchange.
- Evaluate revenue potential, manage costs, and invest resources for the enhancement of services and products for external customers.
- Provide high-level guidance and information to the Executive Vice President, including regular reports and updates on progress toward meeting strategic goals.
- Establish and maintain relationships with local, state, and national partners to improve access to quality sexual and reproductive health care.
- Work closely with the Executive Vice President to maintain and grow current funding sources and to develop new grant strategies for existing and future training programs.
- Provide high-level guidance and information to leadership and other training staff, including regular reports and updates on progress toward meeting project goals.
- Prepare reports for President/CEO, Board of Directors and funders as requested.
- Attend meetings with internal and external stakeholders and prepares reports as needed.
- Hire, train, develop and evaluate staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job.
- Degree (Bachelor’s, Master’s) in Public Health, Organizational Development, Instructional Design or Education, or Public/Business Administration.
- 7-10 years of professional level organizational development and training experience, at least 4 of which have been in strategic design, administration, and marketing of training and development programming in a large public agency or company.
- Experience with grant and proposal writing or prospectus development.
- Proven track record of success in leading programmatic growth and impact.
- Background with conference/meeting planning services and demonstrated acumen with marketing concepts and techniques.
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills including strong communication, presentation and training/meeting facilitation skills; and excellent writing, research, analytical skills.
- Deliver exceptional customer service, both internal and external.
- Accomplish goals and objectives, building collaboration across divisions.
- Able to travel up to 20% of time and stay overnight throughout the state/country.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, and salary requirements to: email@example.com
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Essential Access offers a competitive salary + benefits. Essential Access is an M/F, Disabled, and Vet EEO/AA Employer.