Project Director, Medication Abortion Access
Essential Access Health has an exciting new opening for our first ever Project Director, Medication Abortion Access. We are specifically looking for candidates with medication abortion experience and who have successfully taken projects from planning to launch! The ideal candidate will oversee the implementation of a multi-modality training program designed to 1) assess the readiness and training needs of; and 2) offer comprehensive training and technical assistance to school health centers (SHCs) on the University of California and California State University campuses in support of integrating medication abortion services. The Project Director will provide overall direction and leadership for all staff and project consultants. Responsibilities include developing, implementing, and overseeing a robust statewide training and technical assistance program, coordinating with implementation partners, supervising project staff, financial and administrative oversight, reporting and monitoring, and evaluation of training activities.
This position is located in Los Angeles, California.
Essential Access Health champions and promotes quality sexual and reproductive health care for all. Essential Access achieves its mission through an umbrella of programs and services including clinic support initiatives, advanced clinical research, and provider training. Incorporated in 1968, Essential Access has offices in Northern and Southern California with 60 employees and an organizational budget of $30 million.
Essential Access Health’s Learning Exchange – the training arm of the organization – is a nationally recognized provider of high-quality, evidence-based training and technical assistance. Leveraging experienced trainers, subject matter experts, and collaborative partnerships, we are at the forefront of efforts to ensure that health care providers have the key information and skills they need to counsel clients and provide high-quality contraceptive care. In 2018, over 6,300 professionals from across the country participated in Learning Exchange trainings.
- Manage the successful implementation of a multi-modality training program designed to support the integration of medication abortion services at school health centers (SHCs) on the University of California and California State University campuses through clinical training and technical assistance.
- Guide effective implementation systems and processes to ensure project goals and objectives are met with the highest quality.
- Support the coordination of training activities, technical assistance, data collection, and evaluation.
- Provide high-level guidance and information to leadership and other training staff, including regular reports and updates on progress toward meeting project goals.
- Lead project budget management and control. Monitor project budget and ensure that all spending is correctly tracked.
- Coordinate and write timely project narrative and financial reports.
- Review project data with project staff and leads to identify and address areas for improvement.
- Support and maintain the vision, mission, and goals of Essential Access Health. Understand the strategic direction and purpose of the Programs and Strategic Initiatives Division.
- Attend meetings with internal and external stakeholders and prepares reports as needed.
- Collaborate with project staff and leads regarding development, coordination and improvement of internal processes and ensures implementation.
- Engage and evaluate project staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job.
- Master’s Degree in human services/public health/public or business administration; will consider Bachelor’s Degree with strong, related experience. Strong project management skills, with minimum 6 years of experience managing sexual and reproductive health projects.
- Demonstrated success in project management.
- Effective problem-solving, analytic and negotiating skills.
- Successful in motivating teams and coaching individuals to work to highest potential.
- Must demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and initiative; highly organized and with the ability to achieve systematic delivery under deadline.
- Ability to prioritize effectively; superb time management skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills and ability to work autonomously as needed.
- Must possess comfort with change; must possess agility to adapt to and lead through change.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills necessary to develop cooperative and effective working relationships.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Experience in data analysis, report writing, and oral presentations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft computer software (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel).
- Able to travel up to 40% of time and stay overnight throughout the state.
- A strong commitment to reproductive justice and expanding access to abortion services.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Essential Access offers a competitive salary + benefits. Essential Access is an M/F, Disabled, and Vet EEO/AA Employer.