Learning Exchange Intern (Los Angeles)
Essential Access Health’s Learning Exchange – the training arm of the organization – offers reproductive health internships in provider training and patient education. The Learning Exchange is a nationally recognized resource for high-quality, evidence-based training and technical assistance. Leveraging experienced in-house trainers, subject matter experts, and collaborative partnerships, we are at the forefront of efforts to ensure that health care providers have key information and skills needed to provide high-quality sexual and reproductive health care. By year end 2018, approximately 6,000 health care professionals from across the country participated in Learning Exchange trainings.
The Learning Exchange Intern will be exposed to the development, facilitation, and evaluation of trainings on a variety of sexual and reproductive health topics. Intern will assist with health education skills assessment through the evaluation of videos created by participants attending trainings. This is an unpaid internship that can be located in either our Los Angeles or Berkeley office. After successfully completing the internship training portion, interns may perform some duties remotely. Typical assignment totals 200 -1040 hours / 10 - 40 hours per week.
- College degree related to public health, health education, human sexuality, or similar. Bachelor’s degree highly preferred.
- Enthusiasm for and interest in sexual and reproductive health and adult learning.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate sound judgment and decision making skills.
- Some experience with presentations and/or group facilitation very helpful.
- Experience with on-line learning very helpful.
- Bilingual Spanish skills very helpful.
Learning Objectives for Internship
- Identify the necessary components of training curriculum development.
- Develop an understanding of the fundamentals of contraceptive counseling.
- Obtain Family Planning Health Worker certification.
- Conduct Family Planning Health Worker video evaluation.
- Provide support during training sessions.
- Other objectives, reflective of intern’s interests, experience and education.
How to Apply - please submit
- A completed Application Form (Get Adobe Acrobat Reader)
- A current resume
- A cover letter addressed to Open Door Coordinator, that includes why you are interested in pursuing an internship in sexual and reproductive health care.
To apply send all the above by e-mail to:
Mona Strehler (Open Door Coordinator)
Questions? Call 213.386.5614 x4415