IT Support Specialist (Part Time)
Essential Access Health (Essential Access) is seeking a part time IT Support Specialist to provide technical support to the organization. The IT Support Specialist will participate in development of technical goals/objectives, participate in planning, design, and maintenance of information systems. Also, will participate in maintenance of IT infrastructure. The IT Support Specialist wil demonstrate independent judgment directly related to scope of work, and will be the Division representative/liaison in a technical capacity.
Essential Access champions and promotes quality sexual and reproductive health care for all. Essential Access achieves its mission through an umbrella of programs and services including clinic support initiatives, advanced clinical research, and provider training. Incorporated in 1968, Essential Access has offices in Northern and Southern California with 60 employees and an organizational budget of $30 million.
Essential Access funds family planning and reproductive health services for low-income and uninsured clients through more than 50 health care organizations collectively, operating more than 250 health centers serving more than 600,000 women, men and teens annually in California. Essential Access’ provider network includes a broad spectrum of service organizations, including federally qualified health centers (FQHCs), city and county health departments, stand-alone family planning health centers, school-based clinics and community health centers.
- Provides the first line of contact as a help desk operator for local/remote clients experiencing hardware/software communication problems.
- Evaluates, installs and supports workstation hardware and software. This includes PC and compatibles, Apple, various printers, and storage peripherals.
- Assists with system backups and data recovery on all server equipment.
- Monitors system and user files, as well as user mailboxes ensuring that good housekeeping is practiced (old files are deleted, etc).
- Troubleshoots hardware and general software application problems and takes corrective action.
- Assists and trains staff as designated.
- Provides assistance in presentation equipment setup.
- Maintains the corporate IT inventory control.
- Provides technical support on Essential Access Health web-based applications.
- Maintains a Problem Log for technical reference.
- Provides support on all telecommunications systems.
- Assists the System Administrator + Engineer to ensure the efficient and systematic operation of the entire computer network.
- Assists in researching, recommending and negotiating best prices on hardware and software purchases.
- Assists in all other application installations, testing and maintenance.
- Provides basic maintenance support on all copiers at the headquarters and branch office locations.
- Assist System Administrator + Engineer with cyber security initiatives implementation.
- Carries out all responsibilities in an honest, ethical and professional manner.
- Additional duties, as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or a degree in a related area is preferred; Certifications considered.
- Some experience help desk technician, or other customer support role preferred.
- Active Directory and Exchange experience preferred.
- Tech Savvy with working knowledge of remote support.
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech products.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues.
- Knowledge in Windows 7, Windows 10, Microsoft Office, and Window Servers.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered.
- Proficient in English.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Essential Access offers a competitive salary + benefits. Essential Access is an M/F, Disabled, and Vet EEO/AA Employer.