Adolescent Health Coordinator
Essential Access Health (Essential Access) is seeking an Adolescent Health Coordinator to support Essential Access Health’s youth and young adult-focus activities in South Los Angeles. The Adolescent Health Coordinator will serve as the primary liaison to the South LA community and youth-serving organizations. This position is responsible for planning and coordinating youth trainings and events, facilitating working group meetings, and supporting program evaluation activities.
This position is located in Los Angeles.
Essential Access is a statewide organization that champions and promotes quality sexual and reproductive health care for all. Essential Access achieves their mission through an umbrella of programs and services including advanced clinical research, provider training, clinic support initiatives, advocacy and consumer awareness. Incorporated in 1968, Essential Access has offices in Northern and Southern California with 60 employees and an organizational budget of $21 million.
Essential Access funds family planning and reproductive health services for low-income and uninsured clients through 60 health care organizations collectively, operating more than 357 health centers serving more than one million women, men and teens annually in 38 of California’s 58 counties. As an administrator of California’s leading Title X (ten) federal family planning program, the nation’s largest Title X system, Essential Access’ provider network includes a broad spectrum of service organizations, including federally qualified health centers (FQHCs), city and county health departments, stand-alone family planning health centers, school-based clinics and community health centers.
- Design, plan and implement training and large events on sexual and reproductive health topics – particularly STD prevention, testing and access to care – for youth and young adult audiences.
- Recruit, train and coordinate youth interns to support project implementation, including the planning of youth-led initiatives like Spring into Love Healthy Teen Fest.
- Conduct project evaluation planning, implementation and analysis.
- Facilitate meetings of the youth and young adult workgroup of the D2 CAC; maintain required records and documentation.
- Engage and recruit youth and young adult-focused community based organizations to participate in the youth and young adult workgroup or CAC.
- Assist in the implementation of the youth and young adult workgroup strategic plan.
- Recruit community based organizations working with youth and young adults to participate in trainings on comprehensive sexual and reproductive health.
- Manage key partnerships to expand and develop online and text based initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job.
- Degree in public health or related field, and at least two years’ experience working in community health promotion settings.
- Demonstrated experience working directly with adolescents including familiarity surrounding adolescent reproductive and sexual health topics. Experience coordinating youth peer educators or youth volunteers is a plus.
- Experience conducting project administration/program coordination and evaluation.
- Knowledge of STDs and/or reproductive health care.
- Competence in Microsoft Word for Windows, Outlook, and Excel. Applicants must be tech savvy and have familiarity with social media platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to create positive working relationships.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a team setting.
- Excellent organizational skills and adept at working on multiple projects.
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly within Los Angeles County, and occasionally work on weekends (up to 2 days per month).
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume and salary requirements to:
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Essential Access offers a competitive salary + benefits. Essential Access is an M/F, Disabled, and Vet EEO/AA Employer.